So you’ve been waiting and waiting to root your Samsung Galaxy S4 ? or were you just waiting for my video ;), either way today’s video is to take you through the process step by step.
As long as you follow the video you can’t go wrong, the files linked in the video are for the i9505 version of the Galaxy S4 and that is the international version but you can do other versions, just head over to http://autoroot.chainfire.eu/ and search for your model number and follow the same process.
This is for the i9505 International version, you may need to get your local region Root file from http://autoroot.chainfire.eu
Here is the step by step guide on paper (computer screen) incase you are not 100% understanding the video.
– Download and unzip the CF-Auto-Root-….
– Start Odin3-vX.X.exe
– Put your phone in download mode (turn off phone, then hold VolDown+Home+Power to boot – if it asks you to press a button to continue, press the listed button, or run adb reboot download command)
– (USB) Connect the phone to your computer
– Make sure Repartition is NOT checked
– Click the PDA button, and select CF-Auto-Root-….tar.md5
– Click the Start button
– Wait for Android to boot
Yes it really is that simple, In my video I ask you to download the Samsung drivers, you need these so that your PC will recognise your phone, without them this will not work.
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S4 Android 4.4.2
As always if you have any questions let me know in the comments on hit me on on Twitter @samjpullen